Joint Petition for Stepparent Adoption

If you and your husband want to file a petition for step parent adoption and the biological parent agrees with the step parent adoption then file these forms. The last form is called an Affidavit of non paternity; this form can only be used as a consent to the step parent adoption if a step father is adopting a child where the mother and father were not married and paternity has NOT been established by court order or valid acknowledgement.